- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1-2lbs skinless chicken thighs
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped dill
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1 1/2 cup cooked vermicelli, broken into 3-inch pieces
- In a large skillet, heat oil for 30 seconds on medium.
- Add onion, 1/4 tsp salt, and pepper and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add carrots; saute for 5 minutes.
- In a large slow cooker, arrange chicken. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt.
- Top with carrots, onions, and bay leaf.
- Add broth and cover on low for 6 hours.
- Remove chicken from cooker, cool, and dice.
- In the slow cooker with the broth, chicken, dill, peas and carrots, and vermicelli, cook on high for 10 minutes and then combine all ingredients to enjoy.
- Guten Appetit!