Holy smokes, this is easy and tastes amazing! We can’t remember where we found the recipe- but everyone should make this. Makes for awesome sandwiches or is great by itself with a spoon or fork.
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3lbs)
- 1 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Sandwich buns
- Optional: dill pickles, pickled jalapenos (we used both)
- Cut roast in half and place in a 4- or 4- qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and seasonings and pour this over the beef.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Turn off slow cooker, shred beef with two forks and let it sit in the sauce for at least 15 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, place 1/2 cups on each bun.
- Serve with optional toppings.
- Guten Appetit!