I was going over a few recipes in Elana Amsterdam’s book, “Paleo Cooking from Elana’s Pantry” and came across: Mojito Mocktail and had to give it a try. It is so refreshing for summertime and very addicting!!
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 3 limes
- 1/8 tsp stevia (I used organic sugar)
- 1 cup water
- 1 quart sparkling water
- Lime slices, garnish- optional
- Mint sprigs, garnish- optional
- Prepare 4 glasses by placing 1/2 cup of the ice in each, set aside
- In a high-powered blender, puree the mint, limes, stevia, and water until smooth
- Pour the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer to remove the pulp
- Pour 1/4 cup of the mojito mixture into each glass with sparkling water and stir
- Garnish each glass with a slice of lime and a sprig of mint and serve
- Guten Appetit!