- 4 egg yolks
- 12 oz light olive oil (Anything BUT light tastes bitter)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a food processor, add the egg yolks and turn on high. Let it run for 30 seconds or so and begin adding the olive oil very slowly while the processor is running
- Once it starts blending together, you can add the olive oil in a little bit quicker – eventually you will see it start to thicken up nicely (note: the more oil you add, the thicker it will become)
- Once you have achieved your desired thickness, add a little bit more oil because you will be putting liquid ingredients in still that will dilute it a little
- Shut off the food processor and add the remaining ingredients
- Blend it up again one last time to get all of the ingredients mixed together
- Homemade mayo stays good for about 10 days, so use it up
- Guten Appetit!
This culinary inspiration came from our friend: Maggie. Thanks!! It is delicious.