I have to post this right now. I do not have a photo (weird, I know) – BUT after talking to my friend Tiffany, she told me that I could make my steel cut oats overnight. I did not believe her, but then reading other blogs like Yoke Yolk and Pink Vegan I decided to give it a try. The first day did not go over well. I did not like the texture, or the taste really. But I just didn’t do it right. The second day (today) OMG this was amazing. So- here is what I did (and you probably should too).
- 1/4 cup Steel Cut Oats
- 1/4 cup heaping Unsweetened Almond Milk (by heaping, I mean make sure all of your oats are at least covered with milk)
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1 banana, cut into evenly sized pieces
- 1 Tbsp Creamy Almond Butter
- 12 hours in advance, put the steel cut oats, almond milk, and cinnamon in a fairly large coffee mug and stir
- Put a lid, or cover mug with foil and put it in the fridge overnight
- The next morning, remove the lid/foil from mug and microwave for 1 minute at 30 seconds
- Add the almond butter and banana to the mug
- Guten Appetit!
Hopefully I will have a photo soon so you can pin, share, tweet, or bookmark this and have a photo to associate it with!