Well you want something simple. Please – read on and guten appetit! In the ingredients we added the note of omitting the beef and cheese because the original recipe did not include meat or cheese and it is great that way, but is also very tasty the way we have provided.
- 3 cans black beans
- 3 (+/-) lbs beef stew chunks (omit for vegetarians)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 jar of salsa
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- In a large pot add in the olive oil and turn the burner on medium.
- Add the beef. Stirring occasionally cook until meat is browned, or cooked all the way through (about 10 minutes)
- Add 1 can of black beans (do not drain) and half the jar of salsa to a mixing bowl
- Using a hand immersion blender, blend those ingredients until its is a smooth mixture (Note: If you do not have an immersion blender, you can add these ingredients to a regular blender/food processor)
- Once the beef is done cooking add all of the ingredients to the pot and simmer for 15 minutes
- Top with cheese, sour cream, avacado – whatever you would like. Or nothing at all
- Guten Appetit!
This culinary inspiration came from Yes and Yes