- 1 16 oz package dry red beans
- 7 cups water
- 1 bell pepper, any color, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 36 oz box of chicken broth or stock
- 1 pound smoked sausage, such as Kiolbassa
- 2 tablespoons Creole Seasoning
- 1 box of Zatarains yellow rice
- In a crock pot combine all of the ingredients except the yellow rice.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours
- Prepare yellow rice according to the box directions
- Ladle red beans-sausage mixture over rice
- Guten Appetit!
This culinary inspiration came from Quick and Easy Dinner